Results From Our ‘Best Boudin In SW Louisiana’ Poll
Last month we asked our listeners who had the best boudin in SWLA, and we received a ton of votes.
I also wrote an article about the Top 5 Places To Get Boudin In Lake Charles based on Trip advisor reviews. After posting that article on our social media pages, you had several other places that you thought deserved to make the list. The light bulb went off...let's let our listeners vote on the best boudin in SWLA.
The Top 5 Places For Boudin In SWLA: (voted on by our listeners)
5. Rabideaux Sausage Kitchen - Iowa
4. Hebert's Specialty Meats - Lake Charles
3. Gillis Meat Market And Grocery - Gillis
2. Market Basket - Several Locations
1. Sonnier Sausage and Boudin - Lake Charles
- Famous Foods - Lake Charles
- B&O - Sulphur
- Don's - Scott
- Podna's Quik Mart - Iowa
- Beauxdines - Lake Charles
- Prime Butcher & Brasserie - Lake Charles
- Homsi's - Lake Charles
- Insane Sausages - Vinton
Let me tell you where my favorite boudin joints are. My all-time favorite is the smoked boudin from Gillis Grocery and Meat Market. There is so much flavor packed into their links and there's a perfect amount of spice in every bite. More recently, I was blown away by the smoked boudin at In-Laws in Iowa. After I took my first bite I had to sit down, no joke. It tastes amazing.
If your favorite boudin didn't make the list, comment on our Facebook post.
Favorite Dishes Cajuns Love to Cook
Ten Louisiana Casinos You Should Visit