The extension given by FEMA for homeowners and renters to file for government assistance for Hurricane Laura expires on November 27.

Federal assistance can help with rental assistance, temporary housing, and replacing damaged property.

You can sign up for FEMA assistance two ways:

If you need help with filing, FEMA has set up several locations with agents to guide you through the process. To find a drive-thru Disaster Recovery Center (DRC), text 43362 and type DRC and your ZIP code (for example DRC 70601).

92.9 The Lake logo
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

Ten Things You Can Do Besides Stressing

More From 92.9 The Lake