4PM NHC Hurricane Delta Update
Hurricane Delta is starting its slow northward turn to SWLA with the current National Hurricane Center update.
The storm is currently moving NW at 12 mph with maximum sustained winds at 115mph.
According to the National Weather Service we'll start to see the winds start to pick up tonight in SWLA and hurricane conditions tomorrow evening:
- This Afternoon - Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. Northeast wind around 10mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight - Showers and thunderstorms likely, then showers after 8:00pm. Low around 72. Northeast wind 10 to 15mph, with gusts as high as 25mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Friday - Tropical storm conditions expected, with hurricane conditions possible. Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 78. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts in excess of four inches possible.
- Friday Night - Hurricane conditions expected. Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 69. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday - Showers likely, mainly before 8:00am. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. West wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night - A 20 percent chance of showers before 8pm. Mostly clear, with a low around 69. Southwest wind around 5mph.
Delta will be a fast moving storm and will move through SWLA by late tomorrow night leading into Saturday morning.