Top 5 Christmas Movies of all Time— With Snack Recipes [VIDEO]
Confession time. I love Christmas movies. I always have.
I can still remember seeing "A Christmas Carol" for the first time. My Mom, Dad, sister and I watched it on our black and white Motorola TV. I guess I was 5 or 6. From that moment on, I was a Christmas Movie Junkie.
Christmas Movies are a great way to share some family time during the holidays. Sure, it may not result in a lot of conversation, but it does make a for a great experience. Especially if you pair it up with some holiday snacks while you watch. I don't mean snacks out of a bag. I mean the kind where the whole family helps prepare the treats then, sits down to devour them while watching a movie.
Here, according to the Internet Movie Data Base (IMDB) , are the top 5 Christmas movies.
I'll have some simple snack recipes after the Top 5 list.
Here are the Top 5 Christmas Movies according to IMDB...You can follow the IMDB link to find the complete list.
5. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation-
3. A Christmas Story
2. Die Hard-
1. It's A Wonderful Life-
Now for the snacks. These are all very easy to make so the kids can help. In many cases, the kids can do these all by themselves since some do not involve cooking. It's not important that kids follow the instructions to the letter. All that matters is that they have fun eating something they made!
1. Super Easy Christmas Movie Mix
The only step that involves adults is the heating and pouring of the chocolate. Let the kids ad anything they like to the mix!
3 c. Rice Chex
3 c. Cheerios
1 (16 oz.) pkg. M & M's
3 c. Corn Chex
2 c. peanuts
2 c. pretzels
16 oz. white chocolate
Mix the cereals, M & M's, peanuts and pretzels.
Melt chocolate and pour over mixture.
Cool on wax paper.
2. Christmas Wreath Cookies
No adults needed for this one!
Round Butter cookies with hole in the middle
Green food coloring
Cinnamon candies, M&M's or pieces of gum drops
Directions: Mix food coloring with frosting spread on cookie
Place decorations on cookies
3. Pumpkin Pie a la Kid
No cooking on this kid favorite
Give each child a cup.
Into their cup put a big scoop of canned pumpkin, marshmallow creme, cool whip, and pumpkin pie spices.
Give the kids graham cracker and let them spread the mix on them. You might even like it to!
And for a beverage, try several variations on old fashioned Hot Cocoa-
• Garnish your cocoa with a candy cane which can double as a stirrer.
• Top with whipped cream and colored sprinkles!
• Top with whipped cream, cherry and chocolate sauce.
• Make a "Milky Way" drink by adding caramel topping.
• Place chocolate chips in the bottom of a clear glass mug. Add steaming hot milk and stir the melted chocolate.
• Top hot cocoa with whipped cream and cinnamon.
• Drop a scoop of peppermint ice cream into a mug of hot chocolate.
• Put two large marshmallows in the bottom of an empty cup and pour hot chocolate on top so that the marshmallows melt. Serve with graham crackers to make s'mores in a cup.
There ya go! Have at least one "family night" during the Christmas Season!