The Best Fish Sandwich in SWLA is…
Many years ago, I set out on a mission to find a good fish sandwich. I enjoy crawfish just as much as the next Louisianian, but let's be honest, you can't grab and go five pounds of crawfish. During the Lenten season, seafood is a hot commodity and served by almost every restaurant that wants to survive for these next 40 days.
A few years back, I decided to set out on a mission of the best fish sandwich in the area. Unscientifically, I set out on my mission to visit fast food places, chain restaurants, and local places all lumped into one big group. You know McDonald's is a tried and true player in this game, but so is Checkers. I tried Ball's Fried Chicken's, and even a weird "one time" one at O'Charleys.
I decided to make a list, but also know I missed a TON of places I have yet to try. That's where you come in. Where are some great places to enjoy a really good fish sandwich
Now, on to the list!
Your Buddy Russ' Fish Sandwich Top 5 List, aka Change My Mind.
5. McDonald's - It is what it is: bread, tartar sauce, add cheese. Gets the job done.
4. Checkers - A bit better of a cod sandwich, add mayo and cheese
3. Burger King - This one comes down to the bread. It's brioche and delicious
2. Mr Bill's Seafood Express - They have a fried fish po-boy, but put it on the jalapeño bun. You won't regret it!
1. Ball's Fried Chicken - It's fresh, its HUGE and uses the same seasoning as their chicken. Certainly a MUST try!
Don't agree with this list? I know I haven't made my way around all of SWLA, but if you have one that sticks out that I need to try, let us know. We will recompile this list and take a field trip for lunch!