Stores Are Tightening Up Return Policies This Year
As you run around town returning some of your less desirable Christmas gifts, you definitely need to know that many store's return policies have changed.
Wtkr.com has highlighted a few of the return policy changes.
- Best Buy: January 14 is the return deadline for most holiday purchases.
- Walmart: TV's must be returned within 30 days, not 90 anymore.
- The Apple Store: Just 14 days for most items, one of the shortest return periods of any major retailer.
- Target: Just 30 days for electronics, and 15 days for Apple items.
- Macy's: 90 days, which is generous but shorter than the previous 6 months policy.
LL Bean has also made a big change to their lifetime return policy on boots and backpacks. Basically, they're discontinuing that service completely.
You can read up on more return policy changes over at Wtkr.com and ConsumerWorld.org.