Lake Area Road Closures
There's a lot going on in and around the Lake Area and construction is a big part of all that activity. Here are a few areas where you may find major detours or road closures.
- The intersection at Bank Street and 7th Street will be closed beginning at 7 a.m., Monday, June 13 for no more than 95 working days. Contractors estimate the work will be completed prior to the opening of the 2016-2017 academic school year. The project also includes lining 25 feet of the Pithon Coulee Channel, concrete sidewalk and step modifications.
- The right lane of La. 384 (Country Club Road) westbound near Nelson Road will be closed beginning Monday, June 20 until August 19. The closure is necessary to perform road work.
- US 171 at North Perkins Ferry Road will have alternating lane closures in both directions beginning Thursday, July 7 until January 2017. The closures are necessary to upgrade the intersection.
- Amoco Road located east of La. 14 will be closed from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. beginning Monday, July 25 until Friday, August 12 for bridge repairs.
- The outside and southbound lanes of Ryan Street between Clarence and Sale Streets will be closed at 8 a.m. beginning Tuesday, August 2 to allow city workers to remove damaged and unnecessary utility poles.
- The westbound lane in the 300 block of Division Street will be temporarily closed to traffic for safety. The City of Lake Charles Department of Public Works is investigating the road issue, and the lane will remain closed until all repairs are made.
- The eastbound lanes of Ham Reid Road at Nelson Road will be closed beginning Monday, August 8 until November 8 for construction.