Tony Chachere’s Turkey Recipe Is Perfect ‘Inside and Out’
Getting the perfect turkey for Thanksgiving doesn't have to be hard. I have perfected two recipes for fried turkey and our family favorite, roasting inside a browning bag. Acadiana-owned and operated Tony Chachere's Creole Foods has published their perfect recipe for juicy, flavorful turkey inside and out.
Their trick is the injector and the video below explains exactly how to do it.
For more on how to season your turkey inside and out, watch this how-to video from the team at Tony Chachere's
1 Turkey (14 Pounds)
Tony's Creole-style Butter Injectable Marinade, to Taste
Tony's Original Creole Seasoning, to Taste
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 3.5 Hours
- Put the oven rack on the lowest level.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Make sure the turkey is completely thawed.
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Remove giblets from the turkey.
- Inject the turkey with Tony's Butter Injectable Marinade. Use as much as you'd like.
- Be sure to space out the injection sites so the marinade goes throughout the entire turkey.
- Lightly season the inside of the turkey with Tony's Original Creole Seasoning.
- Next, gently lift the skin of the bird up and use your hands to carefully massage Tony's seasoning under the skin.
- Coat the outside skin of the turkey with Tony's seasoning.
- Place the turkey into a roasting pan and put it in the oven.
- Allow the turkey to roast for 3-3.5 hours, or until the meat thermometer reads 165°F when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and cover it loosely with foil.
- Allow the bird to sit for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.