Essential Items For A Flu Survival Kit
Doctors are saying that the apex of the flu season is on it's way. What...hold up...you mean we haven't seen the worst yet?!
According to pharmacists, you need a kit ready just in case you get the flu. You need items to control fever and aches, items to disinfect things, and tissues....lots and lots of tissues.
Top 5 Essential Items For A Flu Survival Kit:
1. A thermometer to track your fever. Pharmacist recommend checking your temperature at least twice a day when you're sick.
2. Lots of fluids. Water is ideal but it's hard to drink enough when you're sick. So you should also have stuff like Gatorade or Pedialyte to help replenish electrolytes.
3. A fever and pain reliever, like Tylenol or Motrin. Just be sure to read the directions for any medicine you use and be especially careful with children.
4. Medicine for chest congestion, a nasal decongestant for a stuffy nose and sinus pain, and a non-drowsy antihistamine for a runny nose, postnasal drip, or watery eyes.
5. Finally, some tissues and some disinfecting wipes to stop the spread of germs.