Active Volcano in Mississippi and Other Random Facts
Did you know there was an active volcano in Jackson, Mississippi? Well, I certainly didn't.
We have that and other little known facts to make you sound like a walking encyclopedia!
1. The average American eats six to seven pounds of peanut butter per year.
2. There's a German word specifically for the weight you gain from overeating when you're depressed. The word is "kummerspeck" . . . and it literally translates to "GRIEF BACON." Mmmmmm. Pass the grief bacon!
3. The astronomer who came up with the Big Bang theory was also a CATHOLIC PRIEST, Monseigneur Georges Lemaitre. He came up with the actual theory, not the TV show, since I KNOW that's what you thought of.
4. The guy who wrote the "Bah dah dah dah dah, I'm lovin' it" jingle for McDonald's committed suicide five years later, in 2008. He was a 40-year-old named Paul Tilley and he killed himself in Chicago.
5. There are only four cities in the U.S. that have a VOLCANO within city limits: Portland, Oregon . . . Bend, Oregon . . . Jackson, Mississippi . . . and Honolulu, Hawaii.