What You Need To Know For Saturday’s McNeese Football Game
The Pokes will do battle with the West Flordia Argonauts this Saturday in The Hole, and we have some need-to-knows about the game for fans.
Will I Need Proof of Vaccination to Get into McNeese Games?
That question was answered last week by McNeese University president Dr. Daryl Burckel and MSU Athletic Director Heath Schroyer. When it was announced that LSU was requiring proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test for the LSU vs McNeese game, Burckel and Schroyer quickly announced that the McNeese Athletic Department is moving forward with live sporting events with no restrictions for the 2021 football season.
Get our free mobile app
Need-To-Knows For Saturday's McNeese Game:
- The kick-off for home football games this year will be at 12:00 pm (noon) due to the lack of lighting at the stadium as a result of the damage caused by Hurricane Laura and Hurricane Delta.
- The McNeese Ticket Office will open at 8 a.m. and Cowboy Stadium gates will open at 10:30 am.
- Saturday is Military Appreciation Game. Fans with a valid military ID can purchase a discounted ticket for $15.
- McNeese will enforce a clear bag policy again this season and there will be no re-entry once entered the gate. Outside food and drinks are prohibited.
- The McNeese Parapokes will parachute into the stadium during pregame activities at approximately 11:40 am followed by the McNeese marching band pregame performance.
Prohibited Items At The Game:
- Coolers, ice chests, bottles, cans, cups, or containers of any kind
- All bags and purses larger than 4.5in x 6.5in.
- Clear bags cannot exceed 12in x 6in x 12in
- Outside food or drinkUmbrellasBaby strollers
- Pets of any kind. Paperwork for service animals must be up-to-date and presented to event staff upon arrival
- Video cameras
- Weapons – guns, knives, multi-function tools, and any item deemed inappropriate by event staff
- Banners, flag poles, projectiles of any kind, and any obtrusive and obstructive signage
Cowboy Stadium Policies:
- All persons must have a ticket to enter
- No re-entry
- No smoking in seating areas
- All persons entering the facility are subject to search
- No throwing of objects from stands
- Portable cooling or heating devices will not be allowed in the stadium (mini handheld and neck fans will be allowed)
The Pokes return back to The Hole this Saturday for their first regular-season home game of the 2021 season versus Div. II powerhouse the West Florida Argonauts!