Real Louisiana Laws That Will Have You Scratching Your Head
Nobody ever said Louisiana wasn't unique. And we have some bona fide, real life laws to prove it. Thanks to the folks at Only in Louisiana for the heads up!
- In New Orleans if you are riding a bicycle, tricycle or unicycle, you have to have at least one hand on the handlebars at all times. Does a unicycle have handlebars?
- Playing a game in the neutral ground is illegal, unless it is designated as a playground.
- You'll get arrested if you bring a reptile to Mardi Gras.
- Cooking garbage first is the only legal way to feed it to your hogs. And bonus, it has to be cooked on your property, not anyone else's.
- You absolutely cannot cuss while making a phone call in Sulphur.
- You can't tie a horse to a tree, and the horse cannot stand in any kind of manner that would injure the tree. Huh?
- Minors can only play coin operated foosball if an adult is present. Not sure about the games that you don't have to pay for.
- You can be sentenced up to 10 years in jail for stealing an alligator. And it doesn't matter if the gator is dead or alive.
- If you want to get arrested, just shoot a laser at a police officer. That ought to do the trick.
- Remember how your mom always told you not to lie? Well, in Louisiana the law says it's called 'false swearing', and it's illegal. Mom was right!