Local Restaurants And Waitr Team Up For Holiday Food Drive
Local restaurants and and the food delivery service Waitr are launching a holiday food drive to support the Second Harvest Food Bank.
Food donation bins are located at these SWLA restaurants:
- Crust Pizza - 3479 Nelson Road in Lake Charles
- TaD’s Louisiana Cooking - 3624 Ryan Street in Lake Charles
- Roly Poly - 3100 Ryan Street in Lake Charles
- Roly Poly - 2241 Maplewood Drive in Sulphur
- Cici’s Pizza - 3533 Ryan Street in Lake Charles
Food items can be dropped off at the above locations during regular business hours through December 25. When you're ordering food from the Waitr app or website, look for the donation banner to monetarily help the Second Harvest Food Bank. When you make a donation, Waitr will send you a future free delivery coupon and match a portion of your donation.
According to Second Harvest, these are the most need food donations:
- Proteins such as tuna, dried or canned beans, soup, peanut butter.
- Grains like high-fiber cereal, oatmeal, pasta, rice.
- Canned fruits and vegetables.
- And bottled water.
Waitr will deliver all donations to Second Harvest Food Bank to help SWLA families in need this holiday season.
Must Have Thanksgiving Side Dishes