How To Send Letters to Santa
It one fun thing you get to do with your kids this time of year. You get to sit down with them and help them write their letter to Santa; but where do you send it?
The United States Post Office is stepping up to help with it's "Letters to Santa" program. According to Dial Global “Letters From Santa” allows a parent, grandparent or any person in a child’s life to mail a letter to their child “From Santa,” postmarked from the North Pole. Here’s how “Letters From Santa” works:
1. Write a letter to your child from Santa Claus and sign it “From Santa.”
2. Insert the letter into an envelope addressed to your child with the return address: Santa, North Pole.
3. Ensure a First-Class Mail stamp is affixed to the envelope.
4. Place the envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address the larger envelope to:
North Pole Postmark Postmaster
4141 Postmark Dr Anchorage AK 99530-9998
5. Your letter “From Santa” will be mailed back to your child, postmarked from the North Pole. “Letters From Santa” must be mailed no later than December 10, 2012. Santa’s helpers in Anchorage will take care of the rest.