The 5 Highest-Calorie Meals At Popular Chain Restaurants
I’m not a big on counting calories, but after eating one of these meals you might want to think about going with salad next time you eat.
These five high-calorie and oh-so delicious meals from some of the most popular restaurant chains are definitely meant for a cheat day.
- The Chorizo Fiesta Omlette from IHOP sounds like a breakfast dream come true. How can you go wrong with eggs stuffed with chorizo and cheese then piled high with chili? Oh, and don’t forget the side of pancakes, I mean, you are at IHOP. But this egg-celent breakfast comes with a price, a 1,990 calorie price to be exact. That’s only 10 calories less than the recommended 2,000 calorie a day diet. At least if you tackle this breakfast beast it’s in the morning and no one will look at you weird if you roll up to IHOP in sweatpants, because there is no way your pants are staying buttoned after consuming this creation.
- If you are in the mood for steak, and I mean really in the mood for steak, then hop in the car and make your way to Outback Steakhouse. But be sure to have a DD for the drive home, because you will be slipping into a glorious, steak-induced food coma after consuming the one-pound Herb Prime Rib and all it’s sides. This massive meal plays by its own rules and throws that 2,000 calorie guideline out the window with it’s 2,404 calorie count. The good news is that it’s also loaded with 112 grams of protein, which will definitely give you a kick-start at the gym. Who needs pre-workout when they have Outback Steakhouse?
- I think we can all agree that Louisiana is home to some of the best food around. Unfortunately, it’s not the best for you, so it comes as no surprise that the highest calorie meal at The Cheesecake Factory is based off Cajun cuisine. The Louisiana Chicken Pasta is loaded with all the goods like peppers, onions, fried chicken, pasta, butter and cheese, but that also means it’s loaded with calories. 2,370 calories, to be exact. I think it’s safe to say that there will be no cheesecake in your food future after inhaling a bowl of Louisiana Chicken Pasta. That’s ok though, you could probably just stand outside in the 105 degree, 100% humidity for a few minutes and sweat out all those calories in no time.
- A Sonic Master Blast might sound like a great way to cool down in the summer heat, but don’t expect the perfect bikini bod after slurping up the 2,020 calories in the Pineapple Upside Down Master Blast. Granted that is the large size, but go big or go home, right? Plus, this mega milkshake is filled with 225 grams of sugar, think of all the things you could accomplish on that kind of sugar high. 2,020 calories is totally worth it if it gives me the rush I need to get through that long-overdue phone call with my mother.
- When it comes to the perfect meal there’s really nothing better than a “pick your own combo”. I mean, who doesn’t want to load up a plate with all of their favorites? At Red Lobster you can do just that with their Create Your Own Combination, which should actually be called “Create Your Own Calories” because this thing is jam packed with ’em. Regardless if you choose rilled shrimp, sautéed shrimp or steamed shrimp, they are all equally as unhealthy once they are slathered in butter and sauces. This platter of crustaceans and carbs is a whopping 3,660 calories! That is almost double the recommended daily value, and we haven’t even added in the basket of Cheddar Bay Biscuits that you ate before the main meal.
Why did I do this to myself? I was really enjoying the whole “ignorance is bliss” aspect of calories, but I guess that now that I know which high-calorie meals to look out for I can make smarter choices when I’m out to eat. Or, at least, make sure I’m only chowing down on one of these calorie-filled, culinary creations every so often.
It’s 100% ok to indulge every once in a while, that’s what these meals were made for! So, now that you know about these high-cal gems you can start properly planning out your next cheat day with as much chain restaurant goodness as you can handle.
You can check out even more high-calorie meals and a few easy ways to burn off your food binge by checking out the full list on the health.com website.