What Retail Apocalypse? These Stores are Opening New Locations in 2019
Everyone has certainly been sounding the alarm about brick and mortar retail locations closing in 2019. But some stores are actually doing well enough to be opening MORE locations across the USA. The Motley Fool has found 12 retail companies who are looking to expand in 2019, and they are listed below. Happy shopping, y'all!
- ULTA Beauty - opening 80 new stores
- Sephora - opening 35 new standalone stores
- TJX Companies - (TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, HomeSense, Sierra Trading Co.) opening 150 stores between the five brands in the US, and 30 in Canada
- Dollar Tree -opening 350 new Dollar Trees, 200 new Family Dollar Stores, and re branding 200 Family Dollars to Dollar Trees
- Dollar General - opening 975 new stores and re-modeling 1,000 stores
- Five Below - opening 145-150 new stores
- Walmart Supercenters - opened 9 so far this year, and the Neighborhood Stores have opened 13
- Target - opening 30 new stores
- Costco - opening 23 new warehouse stores
- American Eagle Outfitters - opening 15-20 new stores
- Lululemon Athletica - opening 40-50 new stores
- Amazon - opening an unspecified amount of Whole Food stores, and plans to open 3,000 AmazonGo stores by 2021.