Rat Poison in Taco Bell To-Go Order Hospitalizes Colorado Customer
Authorities are investigating an incident in which a man was hospitalized after eating rat poison he claims was put in his to-go order from Taco Bell.
Taco Bell Rat Poison
WBRZ reports authorities have confirmed that a man has been hospitalized after he ingested rat poison allegedly put in his order from Taco Bell.
Colorado's Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office is now investigating the incident at the Aurora, Colorado Taco Bell.
The incident is currently being labeled as a Criminal Attempt Homicide.
According to WBRZ, Deputy John Bartmann says that the victim "bought burritos at the restaurant Sunday afternoon. While there, he argued with employees because the restaurant’s drink station wasn’t working."
After eating the burritos, the man soon became violently ill and called 911.
He was then hospitalized.
Investigators say the man ingested "a significant amount" of rat poison that he claims was placed in his food.
The manager of the Taco Bell under investigation says after the incident was reported, the Sheriff's Department shut the restaurant down to conduct an investigation.
The manager says "They came back and closed down the restaurant, saying we poisoned somebody. We didn’t do anything like that. It didn’t even add up" according to WBRZ.com.
Authorities are currently looking at video footage and other pieces of evidence connected to the poisoning.
Was the rat poison placed in the food at Taco Bell, or did it find its way into the burritos after the man left the restaurant?
At this point, investigators say they aren't ruling out any possibilities of how the rat poison found its way to the man's food.
Read more at WBRZ.com.