‘Only in Louisiana’ Gifts for Dad
Father's Day is almost here, and I've got some suggestions for things that you can only find here in the Bayou State. Yes, I know that you can order just about anything online, but these Louisiana dads deserve something unique and special from our beautiful state.
- Season tickets to Blue Bayou / Dixie Landin' Water Park
- Music from Louisiana artists Harry Connick Jr., Tim McGraw, The Neville Brothers, and Grammy Award winning Zydeco artist Terrance Simien
- Season football tickets for UL Ragin Cajuns, LSU Tigers, and New Orleans Saints
- Cookbooks - from the Junior League of Lafayette 'Talk About Good', and the Junior League of Baton Rouge 'River Road Recipes'
- Handmade duck decoys and a Duck lease in Gueydan
- Gift basket of Community Coffee
- A fishing boat charter, leaving out of Grand Isle
- An overnight stay and tour of the most haunted house in America - The Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville
- A Cajun Microwave from Al Simon
- A Turducken from Hebert's Specialty Meats in Maurice
- Handmade Frottoirs (Zydeco scrub board), Ti-feras (triangles), and accordians - all made in Acadiana
- Gift certificate for boudin, cracklin', jambalaya and gumbo. Any specialty meat market in state can help out with these!
- An authentic Louisiana pirogue from Ron Chapman Shipwright Inc.
- A swamp tour in the Atchafalaya Basin
- A painting by famed Acadiana artist George Rodrigue
- Tickets to Audubon Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans