More Flooding Expected — Sandbag Locations
Didn't we just do this last week? It seems that the water was just cresting from the last spate of rain we had and now, it's time to do it all again.
If you need to protect your property from rising water, you can get sandbags to so so at the following locations. The sand and bags are both provided, but you will need to take a shovel to fill your own bags. The facilities are not manned, so you're on your own.
Sandbags are available at the following locations in Calcasieu Parish:
- East Ward 1 Barn - 461 Parish Road, Moss Bluff
- Ward 2 Barn – 7085 La. 14 East, Hayes
- East Ward 3 Old Barn - 2320 Smith Road, Lake Charles
- East Ward 3 Public Works facility – James Sudduth Parkway, behind 5500 B Swift Plant Road, Lake Charles
- West Ward 4 Public Works facility - 2915 Post Oak Road, Sulphur
- Ward 6 Barn – 1275Plum St., DeQuincy
- Ward 8 Barn – 1726 Parish Barn Road, Iowa
For more click HERE.
- Oakdale - Parish Barn, 518 HWY 1152
- Oberlin - Parish Barn, 1217 Cottongin Road
- Kinder - Parish Barn, 203 S. 10th Street
Residents must bring their own shovel.
- Maintenance yard, near the airport at 1203 3rd Avenue, DeRidder.
JEFF DAVIS PARISH
- Jennings Police Jury Road Yard on Airport Road
- Lake Arthur Community Center
- Woodlawn Fire Station
- Welsh Police Jury Yard across from Welsh Community Center
- Hathaway Fire Station on Hwy 102
- Fenton Police Jury Yard on Estes Road
- Lacassine Fire Station on Ann Street