Gun Found in a Quesadilla Leads to Arrest in Mississippi
Criminals will do all kinds of things to hide the evidence. In Mississippi, apparently, concealing a gun in a quesadilla is a thing.
Officers in Picayune stopped a vehicle on Friday around 12:38 pm for a traffic violation. It was during that stop they made a surprising discovery inside a Taco Bell quesadilla.
Police say during the traffic stop, the passenger hid a handgun inside a folded quesadilla in a Taco Bell bag.
Officers then carried out a probable cause search of the vehicle and found all kinds of drugs and paraphernalia.
The passenger, Devin P. Mitchell, was taken into custody and charged with the following:
- possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute while in possession of a firearm
- possession of a controlled substance
- tampering with physical evidence
- possession of a weapon by a felon
- possession of paraphernalia
The driver of the vehicle, Olivia Neff, was given a citation for disregarding a traffic device but was released at the scene.