DWI Checkpoint Results
Louisiana State police Troop D conducted a DWI checkpoint this past Friday night resulting in three DWI arrest. It may seem like a lot of work and man power for three arrest; but if it served to deter others from drinking and driving it was all worthwhile. Read on for complete results.
There were a total of 39 citations issued. the violations ranged from seat belt to child restraint to open container offenses. Citations were also issued for expired inspection stickers, expired or no registration, illegal window tint and (believe it or not) no headlights.
These DWI checkpoints are provided by the Louisiana Safety Commission and are widely publicized in advance as a deterrent to impaired driving. More DWI checkpoints are planned.
Louisiana State Police offer these tips to avoid driving while impaired.
- Plan a safe way home before you start drinking.
- Before drinking designate a sober driver
- If you are impaired use a taxi, call a sober family member or friend, or use public transportation
- If you see someone driving impaired; you can save them and others from injury by calling *LSP (*577)
- Remember Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over!