Basketball: The Pokes Face The Ragin’ Cajuns Tonight In Lake Charles, Louisiana
McNeese and long-time rival Louisiana-Lafayette will renew its storied rivalry tonight when the Cowboys host the Ragin' Cajuns at the Legacy Center.
The game has been designated "Turn Back the Clock" as tickets will be on sale for just $5.
McNeese enters the game 3-7 overall and is coming off a 1-1 road trip in Iowa where it defeated Northern Iowa 52-49 before falling 77-40 to No. 20 Iowa State. ULL (9-1) beat Louisiana Christian 98-63 on Monday in its last outing. The Cajuns' only loss was to Drake by a score of 76-64.
• "Turn Back the Clock" game: tickets are just $5.
• Children 12 and under admitted free with a paid adult.
• Canned goods food drive sponsored by Rouses. Fans are asked to donate canned goods when entering the Legacy Center.
• Free Raising Canes for McNeese students.
• Sulphur High School Royals halftime performance.
• Angel Tree accepting toy donations to the McNeese Autism Program. They will be in the lobby of the Legacy Center. Grab a bookmark or envelope from the tree. Scan the QR Code inside to donate.
Storylines For The Game:
• McNeese and ULL will meet up for the 98th time in history with the Ragin' Cajuns holding a 62-35 advantage.
• The Cajuns have won seven straight in the series, including 83-68 last December in Lafayette.
• The Cowboys' last win over ULL came in December of 2014, 80-70, in Lake Charles.
• This will be the first visit for ULL to the Legacy Center.
• McNeese is 2-2 in the Legacy Center this season.
• Trae English leads the Cowboys in scoring (10.9 ppg) while Christian Shumate tops the team in rebounding (9.7 rpg).
• Shumate leads the team with three double-doubles on the year.
• Roberts Berze has hit 9 of 18 from 3-point range the last four games.
• Zach Scott has made at least one 3 in five straight games and in 7 of 8 games played this season.
• McNeese is third in the SLC in rebounding (36.1) and in rebounding margin (0.6); fourth in steals (9.0) and in scoring defense (72.9).
• The Cowboys have made at least one 3-pointer in 304 consecutive games.