10 Things You Might Not Know About Susan Dunn
Now, I’ve known Susan for a long time and our friendship goes way back. We really do have quite a bit in common and yet there is enough difference to keep things hopping when I hang out with Susan and her husband, Jerry.
I sat down with Susan the other day and had her share with me 10 things that people may not know about her. I guess I know her better than I thought since none of these came as a surprise to me.
I should tell you that the way she comes across on the air is exactly who she really is. She’s actually that sweet and naïve. I constantly have to explain all my off-color remarks and she never fails to be amazed at just how rotten some people can be. A lot of her friends refer to her as, “Susan Dunn, the Baptist nun.”
Trust me, it’s a highly accurate description.
- Born in Blytheville, Ark.
- Lived half her life in a house with a coal stove for heating.
- Didn’t know what roux was until she was 30 years old.
- Was a cheerleader in High School (Glenmore High School in Memphis, Tenn.).
- Was the very first homecoming queen of her school.
- Had a brief role in the movie Mercy Starring Gary Shannon.
- Played the role of Lucy in You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown.
- Has served on the Contraband Days Board here in Lake Charles for 7 years.
- Was one of the Outstanding Business Women in Biltmore’s Who’s Who.
- Represented National Association of Women Business Owners in Washington D.C.