The Most Popular Costumes For 2013
When you think of all the costumes that have come along over the years, it's a bit surprising that the most popular costumes remain pretty traditional.
You'll forgive me for using my granddaughter, Layla's, picture I hope. I think she looks like a pretty formidable crime fighter.
Here are the Top Costumes for 2013.
The final numbers are in from the National Retail Federation, and we've got the list of the 10 most popular costumes for 2013. The categories are pretty broad, but they still give you a sense of what everyone else is doing . . .
1. A witch.
2. Batman, and other Batman characters.
3. Princess. 5.4% of girls will dress as princesses . . . so will 5.4% of grown women. Draw your own conclusions there.
4. Superheroes who AREN'T Batman, Superman, or Spider-Man.
6. Vampires. 5% of all adults will dress as vampires.
9. Superman, and characters from Superman.
10. Spider-Man, and other characters from Spider-Man. This is especially popular with kids . . . 4% of all kids will dress as Spider-Man or Spider-Man characters.