The 10 Most Uplifting Songs Of All Time [WATCH]
If you love music, you know those moments when you crank whatever is on the radio, grab the hair brush and rock out! It gives you such a rush, that you forget about the negativity that may be around you, or for at least for a while.
A Neuroscientist conducted a study to determine the 10 most uplifting songs. For his analysis, he focused on technical things, such lyrical theme, musical key, and tempo. Also, as part of the study he surveyed music lovers on the moods certain songs inspired in them.
For example, he said, quote, "Holiday-themed lyrics naturally remind us of happy times, while a major third musical key sounds happy to our ears and something we associate with confidence. A high tempo of 150 beats per minute also subconsciously triggers a sense of energy."
He considered songs from the past 50 years, but again, that was dating back from 2015. But we all know the best songs are the classics, so the most recent song was from 1986.
The '10 Most Uplifting Songs,' according to science:
1. "Don't Stop Me Now", Queen, 1978
2. "Dancing Queen", ABBA, 1976
3. "Good Vibrations", The Beach Boys, 1966
4. "Uptown Girl", Billy Joel, 1983
5. "Eye Of The Tiger", Survivor, 1982
6. "I'm A Believer", The Monkees, 1966
7. "Girls Just Want To Have Fun", Cyndi Lauper, 1983
8. "Livin' On A Prayer", Bon Jovi, 1986
9. "I Will Survive", Gloria Gaynor, 1978
10. "Walking On Sunshine", Katrina & the Waves, 1985