School Closures in Southwest Louisiana, June 21 & 22
As a precautionary measure due to Tropical Storm Cindy’s landfall along the Gulf Coast, the Calcasieu Parish School Board offices, McNeese State University, the University of Lafayette, and other education facilities in Southwest Louisiana have issued closures for Wednesday, June 21, and Thursday, June 22.
Get a complete list below:
- Calcasieu Parish School Board facilities are closed Wednesday, including summer school and district training events. The school board will make a decision for Thursday by 3 p.m. Wednesday, said KPLC.
- Cameron Parish schools and offices are closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- Jeff Davis Parish doesn’t have summer school.
- First Methodist School, closed Wednesday.
- Glad Tidings Preschool closes at noon Wednesday, closed Thursday.
- Lake Charles Charter Academy, closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- Lion’s Den Day School, closed Wednesday.
- A Mere’s Childcare, closed Wednesday.
Universities, colleges, and technical institute closures.
Delta Tech, closed Wednesday and Thursday, classes resume on Monday, June 26.
McNeese State University, closed Wednesday., June 21, and Thursday., June 22, and reopen on Friday, June 23, where freshman orientation will continue as scheduled.
Sowela Technical Community College, closed Wednesday.
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette, closed Wednesday, June 21.
Unitech Training Academy, closed Wednesday.