Sargento Recall Leads to More Product Recalls
It was back on the 11th of this month that Indiana cheese giant Sargento issued a recall on several products because of a possible listeria contamination. those products include:
- Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby
- Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese
- Nacho and Taco Cheese
- Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack and Colby-Jack cheeses
- Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese
- Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese
If you need more information on the exact details of those products that were recalled, you can go to: info.sargento.com.
Today it was learned that another product that uses Sargento cheese is under recall as well. The company, Country Fresh of Conroe, TX, has issued a recall for over 2,500 cases of various products that may contain cheese obtained from Sargento. The Country Fresh products that are being recalled were distributed to several states including Louisiana.
Here is a list of products on that recall:
- Country Fresh Tuscan Style Mushroom, in a foam overwrap tray, with a UPC of 74641-07211 and best-by dates of Feb. 14 through Feb. 17.
- Country Fresh Stuffed Mushrooms, in a foam overwrap tray, with a UPC of 74641-07207 and best-by dates of Feb. 14 through Feb. 17
- Southwest Stuffed Mushrooms, in a foam overwrap tray, with a UPC of 72036-88471 and best-by dates of Feb. 14 through Feb. 17
- Marketside Garlic Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms, in a clamshell, with a UPC of 681131-14821 and best-by dates of Feb. 15 through Feb. 17
- Ready Fresh Go Fruit and Hatch Pepper Cheese, in a clamshell, with a UPC of 41220-03680 and best-by dates of Jan. 19 through Feb. 16.
Country Fresh says that no illnesses have been reported from any contamination and that the recall was issued strictly as a precaution. If you have any of the products listed on the recall, you can return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. If you have further questions about the Country Fresh recall, you can contact them at 281-453-3305, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. CDT.