Only 21% of Americans Believe in ‘Big Bang’
I don't mean the super funny TV show. I mean the scientific theory that everything was created by a bag massive space explosion.
Less than 21% buy into the Big Bang Theory. Here are some other scientific ideas that Americans buy and don't buy.
1. 82% of people now strongly agree that smoking causes cancer.
2. 71% agree that mental illness is a "medical condition".
3. 69% think our DNA affects our personality.
4. And 65% believe that overusing antibiotics creates drug-resistant bacteria.
5. But only 53% are confident that it's safe to vaccinate kids.
6. Just 33% say humans are probably the main cause of global warming.
7. Only 31% strongly believe in the theory of evolution.
8. Only 27% agree that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old.
9. And just 21% of Americans strongly agree that the universe was created by a big bang.
The numbers kind of surprised me. I guess I get exposed to a lot of mass media and to hear their opinions, only a tiny minority don't believe most of these 'facts.'