More Crazy Louisiana Laws
Every state has it's odd laws, but I like to think our odd laws are the best. We all know how the rest of the country thinks about Louisiana politics and, of course, they're right, but it's OUR state and we can make fun of it if we want to.
With that thought in mind, I got to digging around on the internet to find out what kind of crazy laws we have here that, for some unknown reason have remained on the books despite the fact that those laws are outdated.
Here are just a few examples of some of the great wacky laws we have here:
1. Minors may not go to businesses with coin-operated foosball machines unless accompanied by an adult. Ah, yes. those demon foosball machines that have lead many a young person down the road to degradation.
2. No one may pour a drink out on the ground at any drive-in movie. This is one of those laws that makes you wonder just what happened that made someone think there needed to be a law about it.
3. One may not “dare” another to go onto railroad tracks owned by another. Did people used to own railroad tracks or something? I'd love to know the backstory on this one.
4. It is illegal to gargle in public places. What a world it would be if all bad manners were made illegal.
5. Biting someone with your natural teeth is “simple assault,” while biting someone with your false teeth is “aggravated assault. You'd be aggravated too if you had dentures.
You just gotta love Louisiana. We have the prettiest women, the best food and the craziest laws. Who Dat gonna compete with us on these things?