Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Peeps, chocolate bunnies...a candy lovers dream that can be your pet's worst nightmare!

Getty Images

Left over Easter candy can be a potential hazard to your pet.  And it's not only the chocolate and plastic eggs that you have to worry about around your pets.  It's the wrappers, because let's be honest, they may inhale the candy but they're not stopping there...your pet is going to eat the wrappers too.

Getty Images

Candy wrappers can lead to obstruction in your pet's throat or inner organs. The darker the chocolate the more serious the effects can be. It can cause anxiety, heart issues, seizures and it can be life-threatening.

Sugar-free gum or sweets are also dangerous because they may contain a sweetener called Xylitol.  This sweetener can crash your pet's blood sugar sending them into a coma and it also has long term effects that can be fatal to your pet.

Getty Images

Also if you have a cat, avoid Easter lilies. They're very toxic. Easter lilies can put a cat into kidney failure which could cause death.

Please be mind full of these things and keep them out of your pet's reach.