Lake Charles Roads That Are Flooded and Services Closed Due To Heavy Rain Today
Unless you’re cuddled up in bed sleeping, you have seen or experienced the heavy rains going on in Southwest Louisiana this morning.
Due to the heavy rainfall, roads are starting to flood all over the city of Lake Charles and Southwest Louisiana, causing roads to become impassable.
The City of Lake Charles has also shut down the city bus transit for the day, due to safety concerns.
Here are the roads with major flooding in the area that have been reported so far:
- Ryan Street at Prien Lake Road
- Kirkman And College Streets
- Texas Street at Prien Lake Road and College street intersections
- Calcasieu Parish schools will release today at 2:30pm, CPAS West, CPAS East, and Positive Connections will release at 1:00pm
- College from Lake to Enterprise is flooded, as are Kirkman and Common Streets south of 210
The forecast is calling for heavy rains with 2 to 3 inches possible today, with another round of storms coming later this evening that could dump an additional 1 to 2 inches of rain on the area.
Keep checking back for more updates.