Ladies … What Not to Say to Your Man
There are a lot of stess contributors this time of year. It seems like we are all bi-polar. We are happy on e minute and ready to explode the next. Ladies there are some key phrases that will change your Santa into the Grinch. We thought we would share.
According to Redbook It’s only natural for couples who have been together for a while to drive each other crazy from time to time, but there are certain things women can avoid saying that will make men very happy. OK girls, the holidays are coming, and you want to keep your days merry and bright by avoiding these phrases – because he really hates it when you say:
- “You’re exactly like your father!” Of course he loves his dad, but no one wants to be labeled a replica of their parent – everyone strives to be their own person. Admire the similarities to yourself or with your girlfriends.
- “I’m so fat!” He loves you and can’t stand when you put yourself down, so constantly complaining about your appearance can be frustrating and ultimately annoying.
- “So, when do you think you’ll be ready for kids?” Becoming parents is serious, so instead of making a jab, sit down and have a serious conversation about what you both want in the future as far as a family and what his reservations are.
- “I’m fine!” You know you’re not. He knows you’re not. So what exactly does this accomplish?
- “My friends say … ” First, he doesn’t want you to discuss relationship issues with your friends, and second your friends aren’t relationship experts. So, if you do talk to your friends about your man, leave the discussion there and don’t bring it up to him. (Redbook)