How to Succeed in Buying the Hot Toys Without Really Trying
Your kid will think your're better than Santa this year if you find the sold-out gifts they really want – those super popular toys making headlines across the country. Of course, the hottest holiday toys quickly sell out, but with a few smart shopping strategies you’ll be able to get the gifts they really want without a lot of hassle. What are the top toys this holiday season? According to Brandon Compagna, CEO of TrackAToy.com, the top 10 holiday toys for 2012 are:
Here are the hot toys for 2012
1. Nintendo Wii U
2. Furby – 2012 Collection
3. Disney Doc McStuffins Time For Your Check Up Doll
4. Monster High Werecat Sister Doll Pack – Meowlady and Purrsephone
5. LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer Learning Tablets
6. Monster High Ghouls Rule Doll – Abbey Abominable
7. Skylanders Giants Character Packs (Series 2)
8. Lalaloopsy Holiday Collector Edition Doll – Ivory Ice Crystals
9. LEGO Minecraft (21102)
10. Playskool Sesame Street LOL Elmo
So How Do You Land All These Great Toys?
- Visit the manufacturer’s website: Each manufacturer’s website will list where its toys are sold.
- Call early and be courteous: Call when the store opens so you can speak with a department manager before peak shopping hours. Be courteous and ask if a toy is in-stock. If possible, ask for the item to be held for you. If you are told it’s out of stock, don’t be shy about asking when the next shipment will come in. On that day, call the store and ask if your item was in the shipment. Better yet, be there for when the store opens.
- Take advantage of technology: If you’re having trouble tracking down a special toy visit TrackAToy.com, a free resource that helps people find the most popular toys. You can create a free profile and set up toy-availability alerts in three easy ways: email, text message or Internet browser notification. Free alerts can save you time and reduce holiday stress, notifying you as soon as your item is back in-stock at many major online retailers such as Walmart.com and ToysRus.com.
- Talk about it: Online discussion boards are another valuable resource for holiday shoppers. A quick search and you’ll find a number of different online forums where people chat about the season’s top toys, where they found them and other unique shopping topics.