How to be the Perfect Holiday Host
I thought if you had plenty to eat and drink your work was done. Turns out I was wrong. Imagine that!
You don't need to Ande's mints on the pillows (though that would be a nice touch.) There are a few things you could do to insure that your guest speak well of their stay at your home. Here they are according to the experts at Hotels.com.
Hosting over the Holidays:
- Make your guests feel like they’re in a hotel by providing easy access to amenities like a TV in their room along with a TV guide, Wi-Fi access and a quick tour of the kitchen and pantry.
- Put out a throw pillow, slippers or a robe. There’s also something super cozy about the warm glow of lamps and candles – especially those with yummy holiday scents!
- Hot chocolate, hot cider, coffee and tea are an easy and affordable way to treat your guests. Consider putting a coffee maker in your guest(s) room so they can have that fresh java just the way they like it first thing in the morning.
- Regardless of age, we’re never too old to have some fun. Board games are a great way to spend time together away from the television.
- Create a little kit for your guest room that includes everything they might need, or could forget, including toothbrushes, shampoo and body lotion. (Of course, don’t forget to put the bill under the door on their last night. Just kidding!!!!!!!)