Health Tip — 5 Foods That Will Improve Your Mood
Want to undergo a mood transformation? Well, there are certain foods that can help lift your mood and they're much better for you than any prescription you could get.
Next time you feel a little down in the dumps, try one of these natural mood enhancers.
1. Pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are easy to find and pack a lot of potassium, phosphorus, zinc and especially magnesium. Magnesium is the magic ingredient here. A lack of this great ingredient and you could have an increase in headaches, anxiety, and high blood pressure.
2. Dark, leafy greens. You'll find these listed on just about any diet you care to name. All the dark, leafy veggies are good for you, but when it comes to mood adjustment, these too are a great source of magnesium.
3. Eggs. Eggs have taken a beating over the year, but newer research declares them one of the most nutritionally-dense foods you can eat. Besides, who doesn't like scrambled eggs. Drew Ramsey, author of a book called "The Happiness Diet," says that scrambled eggs are a great anxiety-reducing food.
4. Carrots and celery. No magic ingredient here. It's the actual process of eating these crunchy veggies that relieves the stress. Carrots are also a much maligned veggie because of the sugar content. My response to that is quite simply to say that all things in moderation is the key to any diet.
5. Salmon. I'm a real fan of salmon. Not only is salmon a great source of protein, but they also contain some great fatty acids that are good for your whole body. These fatty acids, known as Omega 3, can help fight inflammation as well and contribute to your overall mood.
There are other foods that help improve your mood. Here is an excellent article from the Mother Nature Network you should read.