Do You Adjust The Thermostat At Work?
Do you sneak around the office in the shadows like a ninja to change the thermostat to your ideal temperature? I know I have!
According to a new survey, from Career Builder, almost 1 in 5 people have done it during the summer.
- 19% of us have secretly changed the temperature at work
- 13% to make it cooler, and 6% to make it warmer.
- 15% of people said they've gotten into an argument with a coworker over the temperature in their office.
- 55% of women don't like their office's temperature
- 36% say it's normally too cold, vs 19% who say it's too hot.
- 18% say they're usually cold, and 17% say they're hot.
- Overall, 46% of us aren't happy with the temperature in our office
- 67% of people say they're less productive when it's too warm, compared to 51% when it's too cold
I know for a fact, that I want to had out a 5 knuckle shuffle to anyone who turns it up...especially in the winter! I mean come on, that's the perks of having an inside job right? Every office building should be freezing! It should be a badge of honor to wear a jacket to work in the summer!
If you're one of the people that sneak around to turn the temperature up...do all us warm blooded mammals a favor and go get a job on a road crew somewhere and kick rocks!