City Of Lake Charles Announces ‘Light Up The Lake’ Schedule
Now that we have Thanksgiving out of the way, everyone in Southwest Louisiana is focused on Christmas. In Lake Charles, the holiday season officially starts with the annual Light Up The Lake holiday celebration, which will be this Saturday, December 2nd.
Light Up The Lake is the annual Christmas celebration put on by the City of Lake Charles at the Lake Charles Civic Center grounds, and is fun for the entire family.
The Light Up The Lake festivities include two parades, live music concerts, lighting ceremony, and fireworks show.
The Light Up The Lake festival is this Saturday, December 2nd. Here is the schedule of events.
- Christmas Parade — Downtown Ryan Street — 11:00 a.m.
- Santa’s Workshop — Inside The Civic Center — 1 p.m.- 5 p.m.
- Lighting Ceremony — Front Steps of the Civic Center — 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Mickey Smith in Concert — Seawall — 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Lighted Boat Parade — Seawall — 6:30 p.m.
- Fireworks over the Lake — Seawall Over the Lake — 7:15 p.m.
Make plans to officially ring in the Christmas season this Saturday, December 2nd in Downtown Lake Charles.