6 Ways to De-stress Your Life
I found an interesting article, and I thought I'd pass some of it on to you. If you feel like the stress of daily life is just too much, here are a few ways you can reduce that stress and probably become much more productive.
According to an article I found on BuzzFeed, a Psychology teacher gave students a list of 101 ways to de-stress your life, and that list made it to the internet where it's pretty much gone viral. I picked out 6 of the tips to concentrate on, and I thought I'd pass them on to you.
1. Write stuff down - Ever had an idea that was so great you knew you'd remember it? Remember how you forgot it? Write it down.
2. Learn when to say "no" - As someone who couldn't say no to anyone, I'm here to tell you that it's okay to say, "No." Simply by saying "no" at the right time can save you a ton of stress.
5. Break up large tasks into smaller ones - Facing a daunting task can overwhelm you. The basic problem is not knowing where to start. If you break large tasks into smaller ones, you'll have a much better idea of where to start.
6. Don't even try to "fix" people - You won't succeed. You can help someone all you want, but don't think you'll ever "fix" anyone. Was it Mark Twain who once observed, "You can't teach a pig to talk. It's a waste of your time and it irritates the pig."
9. Strive for excellence; not perfection - When you set goals, be realistic. Set goals that you can actually achieve. Don't make that goal something you find easy to do, make it something you have the potential to do. It'll make you turn out your best work.
10. Freely praise other people. Try this one for just a week. You'll be amazed. In praising other people, you'll actually feel better about a lot of things. Simple but effective.
Here is the original article with all 101 Ways to De-stress Your Life.