50 Free Things To Do In New Orleans
We live in a state that is a huge tourist destination, how great is that?! Now, we all know that New Orleans is not the only cool place to visit in Louisiana, but often it is the first impression people have of Louisiana if they are traveling. We love everything about the culture, food, art and music in this historic city!
NewOrleans.com is letting us all in on a little secret - completely free things to do in the Big Easy. Since it's such a short road trip away, I wanted to share, and I've put some of my favorites below. Be sure to check out the whole list, though!
- Nola Brewing Company offers free tours and tastings on Fridays and Saturdays
- Check out the local art scene in the Marigny and Bywater neighborhoods during the St Claude Arts District Second Saturday Art Walk
- 'Wednesdays at the Square' offers free concerts from some of the unbelievable local talent from March through summer at Lafayette Square
- Enjoy free yoga classes every Saturday at 10;00 am at New Orleans Jazz National Historic Park, Esplande Avenue at the end of the French Market
- Check out the daily free concerts at Music Legends Park on Bourbon Street
- Thursdays are free at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art, and the New Orleans Museum of Art, if you are a Louisiana resident
- Tour the Germaine Cazenave Wells Mardi Gras Museum, which is upstairs at the historic Arnaud's restaurant in the French Quarter
- Explore the world famous above ground cemeteries, including Lafayette Cemetery and St. Louis Cemetery #2. You can even look for Voodoo queen Marie Laveau's grave, which is in St Louis Cemetery #2
- Tour the St Joseph alters around the city at most Catholic Churches every March 19. A lot of the local grocery stores will have elaborate displays as well
- The biggest free party in the world - Mardi Gras!
- Observe, or even participate in a jazz funeral or second line celebration