5 Reasons You’re Tired All the Time
We all go through phases where we just don’t seem to be getting enough rest. You know how it goes, you wake up in the morning just as tired as you were when you turned in the night before. Well, there are a lot of different reasons you may be experiencing a lingering lethargy, some can be pretty serious, but, for the most part, there are some simple things you can do as far as lifestyle changes go that may do away with the problem.
Well, the latest edition of Woman’s Day has some great suggestions for these and other causes of chronic tiredness.
Here are a few of the reasons your tired all the time:
1. Too much negativity: Even if you have a pretty positive point of view, being around people who are always complaining will have an effect on you. The only solution here is to avoid these energy draining people as much as you possible can. Try and keep your own thoughts concentrated on good things.
2. Magnesium : We need it to help us fall asleep and stay asleep. Consider some supplements if you don’t get enough magnesium. There are, of course, natural foods that supply magnesium. If you don’t like taking supplements, try eating nuts, seeds, beans and avocados.
3. Get some exercise: You don’t have to join a gym and pump iron three days a week. According to the story, just two-and-a-half hours a week of exercise can make you feel up to 65% less tired. That’s quite an improvement!
4. Stress: this should probably be at the very top since stress is the #1 thief when it comes to sleep loss. Stress is, far and away, the #1 cause of insomnia. Part of the problem is that it feeds off itself. Stress can also lead to a great number of side problems as well. Dealing with stress is one of those things where you may need to seek professional help. It can not only rob you of sleep, but it can be a killer.
5. Messy Surroundings: We hate to nag, but if you kept your bedroom a lot neater, you just may be able to fall asleep faster and stay asleep. The study actually shows that people don’t sleep as well when their surroundings are in a big mess. I know this sounds drastic, but a bit of house cleaning may be in order. You’d be surprised how much better neat surroundings can make you sleep.
Here is a link to the original article in Women’s Day magazine.