5 True Things Your Grandchildren Won’t Believe
I remember my father and grandfather telling me about when they were kids. It was the same stuff everyone hears. You know the tune, 'I walked 5 miles to school' and all that kind of stuff.
Here are some true things you can tell your grandchildren and they either won't believe them or they'll think you are decades older than you really are.
1. Back in my day, we used dial-up Internet. It was slow, you got charged by the minute, you lost your connection if someone picked up a phone in the house, and it made horrible screeching noises when you connected.
2. Back in my day, if we wanted to watch a movie, we had to drive to the video store to rent it. If their one copy was checked out, you picked something else. And then, when we were done, we had to rewind it so we wouldn't get charged extra.
3. Back in my day, if you wanted to talk to a girl, you had to call her house and talk to her parents first.
4. Back in my day, if a kid was picking on you at school, your dad told you to go back the next day and punch him in the face . . . not file a lawsuit against him.
5. Back in my day, if we needed directions, we had to look them up on a map before we left the house. And if we got lost, we had to find a gas station where we could ask for directions that were probably not very good.
By the way, the picture at the top of this post is from the movie 'Little Big Man.' They guy in the picture is Dustin Hoffman